- This event has passed.
Self-harm Awareness Talk for Parents & Carers
10th November 2017 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 amFree
This free talk is aimed specifically at an audience of parents and carers, taking into account their own experience and understanding of the subject. It will be tailored to support the group to explore their own understanding of self-harm and any fears they may have within a safe space. By providing a safe space to explore the issue it will help parents and carers realise they are not alone and that other support is available to help them care for the young person in the most effective and appropriate way.
The talk covers six main areas, including:
- Introduction and assurance that this will be safe space
- What is self-harm (and what it isn’t)
- Why people self-harm
- Indicators of self-harming behaviour
- What can you do to support someone who is self-harming
The talk will help you to:
- Increased understanding of self-harm
- Increased confidence in talking to, and supporting, a child around self-harm
- Understand what options for support are available
- Know where to go for more help
To book your place please contact the office on 01636 704 620 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org