Feedback from some young people about their experience with a CASY counsellor
- "The Counsellor was very easy to talk to and encouraged me to talk; it was nice to feel I had someone special to talk to and not feel pressurised."
- "The Counsellor listens to me …thank you very much for helping me with my problems, I really appreciate it."
- "It has been of such value to me, I have been able to rebuild my life and learnt the true value of it….if this service only helps one more person like me it’s a worthwhile cause, thank you for taking the time to listen."
- "Very good counsellor, very understanding and easy to talk to."
- "I have had CASY for a long time now and I think that it has helped me with my life through stages. I am now starting to stretch and …not need them [CASY] as much any more. The only thing I worry about at times is if I end CASY and start to get problems. But what makes me happy is beginning to know that I don’t think I will have as much trouble and problems as I once did and to focus on the good stuff and I think CASY has really improved my life."
- "I think it [CASY] has improved my life and has helped me on what to do when I get upset or offended."
- "It enhanced some support for me and improved my way of thinking. It took a lot off my chest."